Sunday, June 24, 2012

Winner and Back to School Finds

First thing's first!  I went to random.org to pick a winner for the Writing Workshop Packet!  The winner is...

That means rmoncelsi is the winner!  Congratulations!  It will be e-mailed to you shortly...

For those wondering, there was a sweet gal who left her info over on my TpT store, so that's where the 6 comes from.  :)

Has anyone else started shopping for next year already?  I'm like a little kid at Christmas when it comes to shopping for my classroom.  Y'all, I get SO excited!  All the bright, fun colors, all the ideas swimming in my head...I just love it!

Today I went to Party City and found some cute fan decorations that will go above my desk groups.


I also picked up some fun straws and a cup for my birthday treats I'm making this year.  If you've been on Pinterest, you know what I'm talking about.  ;)  The packs of straws were only 99 cents, as was the cup!  So for my birthday treats for my whole class for the entire the year, I only spent $7.  Not bad at all!


Next, I hopped on over to Target (my absolute FAVORITE store!) and got a couple things.  I am going to do Made for 1st Grade's Gumball Math next year with my firsties, so I found a CUTE file folder organizer to organize all the papers!  The best part?  It was on clearance for $10.48!  It even came with 6 orange folders inside.  And I love the way it flips open!



My final find for the day was a index card pack with tabs.  I plan to use it as anecdotal notes for my students for the different subject areas.  As I notice a strength or weakness, I'll jot it down.  I figure it'll be a big help when it comes to filling out report cards and conferences!


What I NEED to find is a set of plastic drawers, big enough to put papers in, that is COLORFUL!  I found some at Target, but the drawers were too small.  I figured I'd wait a little longer because they normally come out with all sorts of stuff when it's "Back to School" time.  If anyone knows where I can find some, let me know!  :)

Hope you have a great week and that you're able to start finding some good deals on cute stuff!

1 comment: