Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ah, Pinterest...you inspire me!

It's never too soon to get ready for the new school year, right?  Some say I'm crazy.  Ok, a LOT say I'm crazy.  Honest moment here?

For next year I have already:

-torn out and sorted math homework
-printed and laminated my new number line
-printed and laminated Tic Tac Toe boards for all my firsties
-created their spelling homework
-rearranged my room so that I can leave a note for our awesome custodians on how to arrange it after they clean this summer!  :P
-and I'm ALMOST done with creating their math review sheets (btw, if you use 1st grade Everyday Math, be on the lookout for a new packet in my TpT store...it has an in-class review sheet and homework for the end of each unit...it'll be up by Saturday at the latest!)

Crazy?  I think so.  However, my thinking is that I can honestly walk away from school this summer for as long as possible.  Not that I don't want to spend every waking moment there (because I honestly could), but I'm trying to get this whole motherhood/teacher balance thing goin' on.  It's HARD!  One step at a time...

So I pinned on Pinterest a while back a SWEET way to spruce up those plastic drawers that so many of us use for storage.  In case you haven't noticed yet, I'm TOTALLY Type A.  It's ridiculous.  My need for perfectionism is NOT a good thing.  But part of me enjoys it and finds relief in it!  Maybe you can relate.  But I can't STAND to see clutter.  AT. ALL.  I mean, is it just me or do all those things shoved in these plastic drawers drive you crazy when you look at it?!?!  I decided to take the Pinterest-inspired idea one step further, mainly for visitors and subs for my room.  I feel like the queen of labels.  You too?  Then you'll love this idea!  I used scrapbook paper, printed some labels, and taped them right inside!

Enjoy and be INSPIRED!  :)




Ahhh...so much more pleasing to the eye!  :)

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you're so on top of things!!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics! :) so cute! I can only HOPE that I can be that "ahead of the game" when my school year is coming to a close. I have a stack of papers about as tall as me (OK, maybe not THAT bad...) that need to be filed. ;)

    ReplyDelete