Thursday, October 20, 2011

Leaf Animals

This is the CUTEST project!!!  We were studying sequence in writing a couple weeks ago and I felt we just needed to get out of the classroom and go outside for a few minutes because it was SO beautiful!  Guys, these ideas just POP into my head and I  have to do it right then!  It's quite annoying, because I can be on a roll and I just have to STOP and go with whatever comes into my brain...uggg...this is one of the times that it ended up being a GREAT thing!

So we went outside and I told them to each collect 6 leaves.  No more, no less.  I wanted them to get different shapes, colors, and sizes.  Then we came inside and I turned on our "thinking music" (just classical music).  They played around with forming their leaves into an animal.  Then they had to write about what they made and how they made it.  They turned out SO darling!





Ok, I'm just starting to figure out how to attach files for you all to download, so hang in there with me.  I can't figure out how to attach a Word Document (which is where I create everything).  If anyone knows how to upload files, PLEASE TELL ME!  I would love to share tons of stuff with you all...if I can figure out how to do it.  Maybe I will do some research with my day off tomorrow!  :)

1 comment: